Zambal Approves Merger with Iberia Nora & Completes €80M Capital Increase

12 September 2018 – Eje Prime

Zambal has approved its merger with Iberia Nora and has given the green light to its capital increase. Following the General Shareholders’ Meeting, the company managed by IBA Capital has notified the Alternative Investment Market (MAB) that it is going to carry out its integration with the other Socimi, which specialises in the rental of real estate assets.

In addition, Zambal has confirmed the €80 million capital increase that it announced in July. It will conduct it through the issue of 80 million shares with a nominal value of €1 and an issue premium of €0.25, which “will be fully subscribed and paid up through the compensation of loans”.

The capital increase has been fully subscribed by the Socimi’s majority shareholder, Altaya, headquartered in Singapore, which owns 95.21% of the share capital. Of the remaining 4.79%, 4.40% corresponds to Loire Investments Pte. Ltd, also domiciled in Singapore and 0.39% is treasury stock.

The Socimi, which started life in 2013, is an investment vehicle managed externally by IBA Capital Partners. The company specialises in the investment, and subsequent management, of offices and retail assets in cities such as Madrid and Barcelona, although the company also considers other assets such as nursing homes for the elderly, hospitals, retail parks and logistics platforms.

In a recent operation, Zambal purchased two office buildings on Calle Albarracín in Madrid, leased to the French multi-national firm Atos. That operation involved an investment of €38 million.

Without resorting to bank financing, Zambal has constructed a portfolio worth more than €730 million. Some of the company’s other main assets include, for example, the property at number 77 Avenida San Luis (which is home to Gas Natural’s headquarters in Madrid); the Edificio Vodafone, on Avenida de América; and the building at number 118 Avenida Burgos, which is leased in its entirety to BMW.

Original story: Eje Prime

Translation: Carmel Drake

IBA Capital Buys Vodafone’s HQ In Madrid

5 October 2015 – Cinco Días

The real estate fund manager IBA Capital Partners has purchased Vodafone España’s headquarters in Madrid through its Socimi Iberia Nora, on behalf of Zambal Socimi SA. It has also agreed a long-term rental contract with the telecommunications company.

In a statement on Saturday, IBA Capital said that this operation represents an important addition to the group’s portfolio of real estate assets, valued at €650 million.

Vodafone España’s headquarters are located in a business park comprising five buildings, with a total surface area of 50,000 m2 and 1,500 parking spaces.

IBA Capital Partners, Investment and Asset Manager, which is itself headquartered in Madrid, said that it had been one of the first groups to back the recovery of the real estate sector in Spain in 2013.

The group’s portfolio of assets includes the headquarters of several organisations and corporates including: the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Unión Editorial, Día, Enagás and BMW in Madrid, as well as the ABC Serrano shopping centre, also located in the Spanish capital.

The managing partners of IBA, Jesús Valderrama and Thierry Julienne, highlighted that their objective is to “continue investing through Zambal, in high quality assets in Madrid and Barcelona and in other high added value assets in Spain’s other major cities”.

Original story: Cinco Días

Translation: Carmel Drake