4 June 2018 – Eje Prime
More retail space in Madrid. Espacio Caleido, controlled by the company Inmobiliaria Espacio, is going to build between seventy and eighty retail premises in the fifth tower complex in Madrid. Together, all of the establishments will have a combined commercial area of more than 13,000 m2.
The commercial premises will be destined to retail, restaurant and service operators, which will be located in a zone divided into several areas (some next to the tower) and which will include gardens and rest spaces next to the shops and restaurants.
One of the areas that will be most representative will be formed “by ten cubes that will be located parallel to Paseo de la Castellana and which may be customised by each operator”, said Espacio Caleido. To market the premises available in the complex, Espacio Caleido has already opened an office to show the plans to companies interested in moving there.
The Torre Caleido project, which is being built alongside the four tallest skyscrapers in Madrid, will involve an investment of €300 million. It will span 70,000 m2 in total, stand 165 m tall and contain 36 storeys.
The fifth tower is going to be the shortest of the five skyscrapers and its neighbour, Torre de Cristal, will continue to be the tallest in Madrid, and in Spain, at 249 m tall.
The new complex, which is being built in the Cuatro Torres Business District, will have Instituto de Empresa (IE) as its main tenant, which will create its university campus IE University there, and the Quirón Salud Group, which is going to install an advanced medicine centre in an annexed building that will be four-storeys tall and 20 m high.
The project is being promoted by the company Espacio Caleido, owned by Inmobiliaria Espacio, of the Villar Mir Group, the main shareholder of OHL, with a 51% stake, and by the Philippine company Megaworld Corporation with the remaining 49%.
Original story: Eje Prime
Translation: Carmel Drake