3 April 2018 – Eje Prime
The German fund Triuva is looking for opportunities in Spain. The company, which has just completed its integration into another German real estate company, Patrizia, is going to allocate around €100 million to the acquisition of new assets in the Spanish market. The group is currently finalising the renovation of a building on Calle Serrano, 90 in Madrid, and has already leased the 6,300 m2 of retail and office space to Maisons du Monde and Natixis, respectively.
The fund is still hungry for new assets in Spain, and so it is considering the acquisition of office buildings, commercial assets and even hotels. Currently, the Spanish arm of Triuva is fully integrated into the Spanish business of Patrizia, which has its offices on the Madrilenian street Calle Génova.
Patrizia purchased the entire Triuva business in November last year, whereby creating a real estate giant of more than €30 billion. Triuva manages some forty funds around the world and has teamed up with more than eighty institutional investors in recent years.
Triuva has around 270 assets under management, worth €9.7 billion. In Spain, the fund owns three properties in prime locations. The first, acquired during the first quarter of 2015 for €70 million, is located on Calle Preciados, 4, and is leased to the fashion chain Sfera, itself owned by the Madrid-based department store group El Corte Inglés.
Last year, the fund acquired the Adidas flagship store located on Gran Vía, 21, also in Madrid, which had been owned until then by Iberfin Capital, which is in turn, owned by Medcap Real Estate. The consideration paid for that operation was not disclosed (…).
Serrano 90, its latest project
The Serrano 90 building, also owned by Triuva, is located in the heart of Madrid’s golden mile. 70% of its total available space is allocated to offices and the remaining 30% to commercial use; the property also has a parking lot on its lower floors. According to sources in the sector, the fund has spent around €10 million on the renovation of the asset.
At the beginning of this year, Triuva closed the rental of 6,300 m2 of retail and office space. The retail premises have been leased to the French firm Maisons du Monde, which is going to open its first flagship high street store in Madrid, to accompany the store it already has in central Barcelona.
The household furniture and accessories firm is going to lease 1,860 m2 of space in the building spread over three floors (…). Similarly, the property is going to house the headquarters of Natixis, a French corporate and investment bank, whose offices are currently located in Recoletos. Triuva and the banking institution have signed a rental agreement for 2,940 m2 of office space, as well as the terrace and 34 parking spaces in the Serrano 90 building.
Original story: Eje Prime
Translation: Carmel Drake