Cajamar And Cetelem Join Forces To Supply Consumer Credit
24 February 2015 – Cinco Días
Cetelem and Banco de Crédito Cooperativo (BCC), the parent company of the Cajamar Cooperative Group (Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar), have reached an agreement to form a joint venture that will specialise in the commercialisation of consumer credit in Spain, according to a press release.
The company, which will be owned by Cetelem España and BCC, will be constituted as a financial credit institution and its (primary) objective will be the distribution of personal loans and revolving credit lines (with or without credit cards) through the Cajamar Coooperative Group’s network of 1,300 branches.
BCC will contribute 49% of the initial share capital and will appoint the Chairman of the company. Cetelem will finance the remaining 51% and will appoint the CEO. BCC has been advised in this transaction by Société Générale.
Both entities agree that their commercial partnership will contribute to the development of consuming financing in Spain, thanks to Cetelem’s experience and knowledge (it is one of the most important players in the sector) and the extensive network of Cajamar Cooperative Group’s rural savings banks.
Thierry Laborde, Chairman and CEO of BNP Paribas Personal Finance, states: “We welcome this agreement, which has been established with one of the most important financial institutions in Spain. The agreement supports our development strategy based on partnerships between players in the distribution, automobile and finance sectors, in the countries in which we have a presence”.
Luis Rodriguez González, Chairman of BCC-Grupo Cajamar, reiterates his interest in consumer credit, which is a strategic activity for the 20 entities that constitute the Cajamar Cooperative Group. “This agreement confirms our on-going commitment to customers, adapting to their needs and offering them competitive, high quality products, in this case, consumer financing”. For this reason, “we are delighted about our alliance with Cetelem, the market leader in consumer credit and a global leader, renowned for its capacity for innovation, technological development and financial services”.
Original story: Cinco Días
Translation: Carmel Drake