- Insur’s Profits Rose by 138% to €21 Million in 2020by Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 12:42 pm
The property developer controlled by the Pumar family increased its turnover by 8.2% to 132.8 million euros in 2020 and achieved a profit of 21.1 million euros.
- Merlin Evaluates the Sale of Four of its Shopping Centresby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 12:33 pm
The Socimi is considering selling four of its fifteen shopping centres because it believes that store vacancies may increase this year.
- UBS Negotiates the Purchase of Trajano’s Logistics Portfolioby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 12:16 pm
The Socimi Trajano Iberia, one of the most important on the former MAB with a market capitalisation of more than 100 million euros, is negotiating with one of UBS's real estate funds regarding the sale of its logistics portfolio, which comprises several properties and spans a GLA of more than 70,000 m2.
- The 10 Largest Real Estate Firms – Who Were the Winners and Losers in 2020?by Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 12:07 pm
The large property developers and listed Socimis registered joint losses of more than 200 million euros in 2020, compared to gains of 1.633 billion euros in 2019, mainly due to a fall in the value of their real estate assets.
- Clarion Buys Three Logistics Assets in Spain from Merlinby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 11:30 am
The portfolio acquired by the fund manager comprises two assets in Madrid and one in Zaragoza, spanning 51,000 square metres in total.
- House Prices Will Decrease This Year But Demand Will Recover, According to Estate Agentsby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 11:14 am
Sources from Spain's General Council of COAPI remain cautious in this regard, on the basis that there are many external factors that could influence its evolution.
- 40% of Spaniards Will Opt for Rental Housing Within the Next Few Yearsby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 11:03 am
The consulting firm JLL forecasts that between 35% and 40% of citizens in Spain will live in rental homes within the next few years.
- Alternative Real-Estate Lender Stronghold Asset Management Secures €100mm Debt Financing from Goldman Sachsby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 10:46 am
Stronghold, a leading specialty mortgage provider in Spain, has secured a €100 million credit facility from Goldman Sachs to support its future growth plans and issue residential development loans across Spain. The company has been actively lending since 2015, executing over €100 million in loans to small and mid-sized developers. “This funding commitment from Goldman
- Madrid: the New Focus for Real Estate Investment in Data Centresby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 9:03 am
The largest development is the construction by Amazon Web Services of a new campus comprising three data centres in Aragón.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in Februaryby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2021 at 7:08 am
During February, the listed real estate companies presented their results for 2020; in addition, several large operations were closed in the hotel and retail sectors.