- Owners of Commercial Premises in Barcelona Change their Rental Contracts in Light of the New Lawby Carmel Drake on October 23, 2020 at 6:50 am
The new law involves reductions of up to 50% on the rental costs of assets leased by establishments affected by the temporary opening restrictions or by the limitations over opening hours and capacity, in those cases in which a private agreement has not been reached between the parties.
- Cataluña Intervenes in the Market for Rental Premises to Curb the Covid Crisisby Carmel Drake on October 22, 2020 at 8:42 am
The Generalitat has approved a decree-law to allow it to intervene in the rental market to try to help commercial establishments with the economic fallout from the Covid-19 restrictions.
- The Tax Authorities Auction Off 26 Premises on Barcelona’s Seafront for €68.3 Millionby Carmel Drake on October 20, 2020 at 9:26 am
The current tenants of the establishments will have a preferential right to acquire the properties.
- Lar España Considers Divesting Some of its Shopping Centresby Carmel Drake on October 20, 2020 at 8:42 am
Despite everything, the company claims to have a solid balance sheet and it says that it would only sell assets for the right price.
- International Funds Opt for Retail Parks as a Safe-Haven Segmentby Carmel Drake on October 19, 2020 at 11:19 am
Spain is attracting investors who are flooding the retail park business in Europe, with five new projects already in progress.
- Banca March Signs a Rental Megacontract in the ABC Serrano Shopping Centreby Carmel Drake on October 16, 2020 at 7:47 am
Banca March, the owner of the shopping centre, has secured a new tenant for a large part of its commercial space.
- Tito’s Nightclub in Palma de Mallorca Goes Up For Sale for €16.5 Millionby Carmel Drake on October 16, 2020 at 7:30 am
In addition to the well-known nightclub, the Cursach group has put the 800 Grados Steak House and Asadito restaurants up for sale for 6.5 million euros, along with The Club International nightclub, all in Playa de Palma.
- Adif Awards the Management of ‘La Estación’ Shopping Centre in Pozuelo to LyCby Carmel Drake on October 15, 2020 at 8:01 am
The long term nature of the lease will allow the new managers to set out a complete renovation project for the asset.
- Retail Parks Set to Grow in Spain with Eight New Openings By 2021by Carmel Drake on October 15, 2020 at 7:18 am
According to a report by Cushman & Wakefield, the stock of retail parks will increase by 8% in terms of surface area by 2021 with eight new openings across the country.
- International Funds Arrive in Spain with €40 Billion to Invest in Real Estateby Carmel Drake on October 14, 2020 at 9:41 am
Funds such as Ardian, GLP, EQT, Nuveen, Primonial, M Capital and various opportunist entities have decided to bet on the fashionable sectors, such as logistics and build to rent, as well as on possible discounted operations in the hotel, retail and office segments.