- Procobo Buys €1.7 Billion in Uncollected Developer Loans from Sarebby Richard D K Turner on July 29, 2021 at 9:11 am
Sixteen opportunistic funds had been bidding for the loans at a 90% discount on face value.
- Banco Santander to Sell €136 Million in Loans to Hesperiaby Richard D K Turner on July 20, 2021 at 9:35 am
The loans have eleven hotels and an office as collateral and are up to date with payments, so any discount on the sale would be small.
- Lone Star Demands €275-Million Asset Buyback from CaixaBankby Richard D K Turner on July 14, 2021 at 10:59 am
The fund has filed for arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce, in which it will claim back part of the assets purchased from the bank.
- Santander Sells €600-Million NPL Portfolio to Marathonby Richard D K Turner on July 14, 2021 at 9:01 am
It’s Santander’s first sale of the kind since the outbreak of the pandemic. It is planning more.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in June 2021by Richard D K Turner on July 1, 2021 at 6:00 am
June was an important month for the sector in Spain, as a series of transactions for hotels and logistics assets were finalised, along with announcements of new developments.
- Caixabank Looks to Sell €576-Million NPL Portfolioby Richard D K Turner on June 30, 2021 at 4:48 pm
The Catalan bank has commissioned KPMG to sell a portfolio of non-performing mortgages comprising 4,500 properties valued at 576 million euros.
- Santander and Intrum Partner to Bid for €1.1 Billion in NPLsby Richard D K Turner on June 24, 2021 at 1:46 pm
The bank is bidding for the Italian bank Intesa Sanpaolo’s €1.1 billion portfolio through its Deva Capital platform.
- Santander Negotiates Sale of Two Portfolios of Bad Debts Valued at 1.5 Billion Eurosby Richard D K Turner on June 17, 2021 at 1:20 pm
The bank is in talks with the Canadian fund CPPIB and Cerberus to offload the assets worth 1.5 billion euros.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in Mayby Richard D K Turner on June 1, 2021 at 3:25 pm
The acquisition of the Montepino portfolio, one of the most important deals of the year, was completed in May, as well as other important transactions in the hotel and build-to-rent sectors.
- Haya and Liberbank Sell More Than 1,450 Properties With Discounts of up to 30%by Richard D K Turner on May 25, 2021 at 5:00 am
The assets include more than 1,290 properties in Castilla - La Mancha and more than 180 in the Valencian Community.