- The Spanish Real Estate Market in August 2021by Richard D K Turner on September 4, 2021 at 11:39 am
The eighth month 2021, saw fewer new developments than in July, although there were significant transactions, especially in the Barcelona office market.
- Ktesios Acquires Loan From Cerberus and Brings in New Shareholdersby Richard D K Turner on August 25, 2021 at 8:50 am
Ktesios, which has just completed an expansion to buy more assets, has secured the assignment of a mortgage loan in the foreclosure process, secured by residential properties valued at €3.5 million.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in July 2021by Richard D K Turner on August 2, 2021 at 6:00 am
July was an important month for the real estate sector in Spain, where we saw an array of transactions in the logistics, office and hotel sectors. One of the most recent saw Aedas acquire the developer Áurea Homes, while the major listed companies unveiled their returns for the first half of the year.
- Procobo Buys €1.7 Billion in Uncollected Developer Loans from Sarebby Richard D K Turner on July 29, 2021 at 9:11 am
Sixteen opportunistic funds had been bidding for the loans at a 90% discount on face value.
- Banco Santander to Sell €136 Million in Loans to Hesperiaby Richard D K Turner on July 20, 2021 at 9:35 am
The loans have eleven hotels and an office as collateral and are up to date with payments, so any discount on the sale would be small.
- Lone Star Demands €275-Million Asset Buyback from CaixaBankby Richard D K Turner on July 14, 2021 at 10:59 am
The fund has filed for arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce, in which it will claim back part of the assets purchased from the bank.
- Santander Sells €600-Million NPL Portfolio to Marathonby Richard D K Turner on July 14, 2021 at 9:01 am
It’s Santander’s first sale of the kind since the outbreak of the pandemic. It is planning more.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in June 2021by Richard D K Turner on July 1, 2021 at 6:00 am
June was an important month for the sector in Spain, as a series of transactions for hotels and logistics assets were finalised, along with announcements of new developments.
- Caixabank Looks to Sell €576-Million NPL Portfolioby Richard D K Turner on June 30, 2021 at 4:48 pm
The Catalan bank has commissioned KPMG to sell a portfolio of non-performing mortgages comprising 4,500 properties valued at 576 million euros.
- Santander and Intrum Partner to Bid for €1.1 Billion in NPLsby Richard D K Turner on June 24, 2021 at 1:46 pm
The bank is bidding for the Italian bank Intesa Sanpaolo’s €1.1 billion portfolio through its Deva Capital platform.