- CarVal Buys a €250 Million Portfolio of Refinanced Mortgages from Abancaby Carmel Drake on January 13, 2021 at 2:09 pm
The Galician entity has sold the North American fund a 250 million euro portfolio of mortgages affected by the crisis, in a process known as Project Eume.
- BBVA Finalises the Sale of €500 Million in Loans and Properties to KKR and Fortressby Carmel Drake on January 5, 2021 at 10:54 am
The bank chaired by Carlos Torres is seeking to divest loans and real estate worth 500 million euros in an operation known as Project Dakar.
- Sabadell Finalises the Sale of a Portfolio of Doubtful Mortgages Worth €500M to Lone Starby Carmel Drake on December 28, 2020 at 9:58 am
The entity chaired by Josep Oliu and the North American fund are negotiating the sale of a portfolio of toxic mortgages, valued at around 500 million euros, which could be closed before the beginning of 2021.
- Banco Sabadell Sells a Portfolio of Toxic Assets to KKR for €130 Millionby Carmel Drake on December 22, 2020 at 12:26 pm
The entity chaired by Josep Oliu has sold the last of the assets that it inherited from CAM to the US investment firm for 130 million euros.
- Blackstone and Santander Record Losses of €1.2 Billion Through Their Jointly Owned Real Estate Companyby Carmel Drake on December 15, 2020 at 12:16 pm
Quasar, the real estate company owned by Santander and Blackstone, recorded losses of 1.2 billion euros in 2019, due to the impairment of assets, compared to a profit of 1.0 billion euros in 2018.
- Banks Granted 1.38 Million Mortgage Moratoriums During the 11 Months to Novemberby Carmel Drake on December 10, 2020 at 10:08 am
The outstanding balance pending repayment at the end of November was 54.5 billion euros, according to data published by the Bank of Spain.
- Investment Funds Get Ready to Spend €126 Billion on Doubtful Debtby Carmel Drake on December 4, 2020 at 1:41 pm
The economic crisis caused by Covid could double the current stock of bad loans in Spain to 160 billion euros.
- Santander and Blackstone Put a Large Portfolio of Hotel Debt Up For Saleby Carmel Drake on November 25, 2020 at 10:28 am
Through their JV Quasar, the companies have launched the sale of a portfolio of loans from Banco Popular consisting of seven hotels and a shopping centre.
- BBVA Promotes the Sale of Unnim’s Toxic Assets for €500 Millionby Carmel Drake on November 10, 2020 at 9:53 am
The bank has launched Project Dakar to divest the last remaining unpaid loans that it inherited from the group of former savings banks (Manlleu, Sabadell and Terrassa), which it bought in 2012.
- The Debt Market Will Grow by 70% to Reach €140 Billion, According to LEM Loan eMarketby Carmel Drake on November 4, 2020 at 12:47 pm
The marketplace for mortgage debt predicts an increase in NPLs relating to commercial assets in 2021, which offer higher returns than residential ones.