- Santander Negotiates Sale of Two Portfolios of Bad Debts Valued at 1.5 Billion Eurosby Richard D K Turner on June 17, 2021 at 1:20 pm
The bank is in talks with the Canadian fund CPPIB and Cerberus to offload the assets worth 1.5 billion euros.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in Mayby Richard D K Turner on June 1, 2021 at 3:25 pm
The acquisition of the Montepino portfolio, one of the most important deals of the year, was completed in May, as well as other important transactions in the hotel and build-to-rent sectors.
- Haya and Liberbank Sell More Than 1,450 Properties With Discounts of up to 30%by Richard D K Turner on May 25, 2021 at 5:00 am
The assets include more than 1,290 properties in Castilla - La Mancha and more than 180 in the Valencian Community.
- Santander, Caixabank and BBBVA Have More Than €9-Billion in Loans Under Moratoriumby Richard D K Turner on May 11, 2021 at 8:42 am
According to data from the Bank of Spain, the figure is €3.711 billion more than the figure for the end of 2020.
- Quinlan Prepares Purchases Worth €100 Millionby Carmel Drake on March 26, 2021 at 9:58 am
The new investment manager founded by the former executives of Altamira, Eduardo Quintana and Emilio Langle, is already negotiating operations worth 50 million euros, a figure that it plans to double during 2021.
- The Fund Oaktree Divests its Exposure in Spain with the Securitisation of Assets Worth €740 Millionby Carmel Drake on March 25, 2021 at 8:05 am
The fund Oaktree has commissioned Morgan Stanley to handle this issue, which is called Retiro Mortgage Securities and which is backed by around 10,000 real estate properties.
- Sabadell & BBVA Lead the Ranking of Toxic Portfolio Salesby Carmel Drake on March 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The two entities have divested portfolios amounting to 1.85 billion euros in total.
- The Banks Block Funds From Quasar, The Real Estate Firm Owned by Blackstone & Santanderby Carmel Drake on March 12, 2021 at 12:53 pm
The company owned by Santander and Blackstone that groups together Popular's assets has started to breach some of the ratios associated with its loans.
- Blackstone Considers Recognising Provisions Worth Millions of Euros Due to its Significant Exposure in Spainby Carmel Drake on February 22, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Banco Santander and Blackstone share concerns about Qasar, the company they created off the back of Banco Popular's €30 billion in toxic assets.
- Moody’s Warns of a Ratings Risk for Companies in the Retail, Hotel and Office Sectorsby Carmel Drake on February 12, 2021 at 10:04 am
The agency forecasts that companies in Europe will suffer an increase in arrears until 2022, with those in Spain experiencing the second-largest impact, behind Italy, with a ratio of 5%.