npl-reo Market News: Spanish Real Estate Intelligence
- Diglo Sells 120 Properties in Pamplona & Segovia for €29.7 Millionby Carmel Drake on March 2, 2023 at 8:27 am
The servicer Diglo owns a portfolio of assets under management worth more than 5 billion euros divided between problem assets and real estate.
- Diglo Completes the Sale of the Córdoban Versailles Taking its Total Revenues Since July to €10 Million+by Carmel Drake on December 15, 2022 at 11:40 am
Banco Santander's servicer has closed its fourth major transaction after completing the sale of two hotels and a last-mile warehouse in the last three months.
- The Stock of Doubtful Loans in Spain Accounts for One Fifth of the Total in the European Marketby Carmel Drake on December 9, 2022 at 11:49 am
The volume of NPLs in Spain decreased by 5% during 2021 from the 83.3 billion euros registered in Q2 2021 and has fallen further still during 2022 to date.
- The Spanish and Portuguese NPL Markets Under the Microscope: A Q&A with Debitos, Ahead of SmithNovak’s Conference in Madridby Carmel Drake on November 1, 2022 at 8:31 am
Following on from their recent Global event in London, SmithNovak is now turning their attention to the Iberian market, with an event in Madrid entitled NPL Iberia 2022. Brainsre.news, partner of NPL Iberia, met with Günther Haltermann, country director for Iberia at Debitos, to discuss the impact of technology on the market. Questions and answers
- EOS Spain Buys the Ordesa Debt Portfolio From CaixaBankby Carmel Drake on September 20, 2022 at 11:41 am
The portfolio is made up of more than 200,000 operations, most of which are located in the provinces of Barcelona and Madrid.
- NPL Technology & NPL Management, on the Agenda at SmithNovak’s Global NPL Conferenceby Carmel Drake on September 20, 2022 at 6:05 am
According to Alexandros Efstratoglou, Business Development Director at Relational, technological advancement has always been “one of the strongest catalysts” in debt management. For this reason, understanding and mastering it is a plus for companies looking to optimise their resources. Efstratoglou highlights current trends – such as personalised processing and the incorporation of portfolio data and
- The Spanish NPL market under the spotlight, at SmithNovak’s Global NPL Conferenceby Carmel Drake on September 13, 2022 at 6:15 am
What is the situation of the NPL market in Spain, and what impact will increased levels of defaults have on the real estate market? How has new regulation impacted the market, what NPL volumes will emerge in the coming years, and will there be a wave of NPLs similar to the one that occurred during the previous crisis of 2008?
- Madrid hosts DDC Financial’s European Investment Summit on NPLsby Branded content on September 8, 2022 at 6:47 am
On Thursday, September 15th, DDC Financial’s European Investment Summit will gather leading protagonists of the European NPL community in central Madrid. A wide-ranging program of discussion sessions and networking opportunities can be expected, keeping participants up to date on the latest developments and trends in the current volatile market. This meeting will provide an overview
- Sareb Appoints a New CEO Two Months After the Decision Was Taken to Rotate the Presidencyby Carmel Drake on July 13, 2022 at 9:20 am
Leopoldo Puig, the new CEO, was until now the bad bank's Financial and Corporate Director.
- Cerberus Considers Merging Haya With Another Servicerby Carmel Drake on June 21, 2022 at 7:40 am
Several servicers have expressed interest in an operation, but any deal seems unlikely at the moment given Haya's complex financial situation.