- Hiperion and Sunparty Finalise Acquisition of Beverly Playa Hotel for 36 Million Eurosby Richard D K Turner on September 7, 2021 at 8:41 am
The asset, formerly owned by the bankrupt Nueva Rumasa, was liquidated through insolvency proceedings.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in August 2021by Richard D K Turner on September 4, 2021 at 11:39 am
The eighth month 2021, saw fewer new developments than in July, although there were significant transactions, especially in the Barcelona office market.
- Non-Hotel Overnight Stays Up by 58% In Julyby Richard D K Turner on September 1, 2021 at 10:48 am
This increase compared to July 2020 totals 16 million stays, 72.5% of which corresponds to domestic tourists.
- Karma Group Begins Operations in Spain Acquiring Hotel in Málagaby Richard D K Turner on August 30, 2021 at 4:30 am
The luxury hotel chain owned by the English entrepreneur John Spence will open its first hotel in Spain after being awarded the La Herriza project in Malaga.
- Spanish State Injects €90 Million Into Twelve Hotels Under Developmentby Richard D K Turner on August 17, 2021 at 8:03 am
The funds will come from the European Union Recovery and Resilience Plan. Regions that will benefit include Andalusia and the Canary Islands.
- Piqué’s Family Acquires a Plot of Land in Malaga for Luxury Hotelby Richard D K Turner on August 4, 2021 at 5:00 am
The owner of the land, the trading company Inversiones y Adquisiciones de Hoteles SL, sold the land for around 20 million euros to the holding company chaired by the athlete’s father.
- The Spanish Real Estate Market in July 2021by Richard D K Turner on August 2, 2021 at 6:00 am
July was an important month for the real estate sector in Spain, where we saw an array of transactions in the logistics, office and hotel sectors. One of the most recent saw Aedas acquire the developer Áurea Homes, while the major listed companies unveiled their returns for the first half of the year.
- Brookfield Acquires Four Selenta Hotels for €440 Millionby Richard D K Turner on August 1, 2021 at 8:36 am
The Canadian fund acquired 100% of the Selenta hotel chain management group and four of the group's five establishments.
- Freo Creates Fund to Invest €400 Million in Hotels in Spainby Richard D K Turner on July 27, 2021 at 8:31 am
Freo will invest in hotels in Barcelona and Madrid and areas such as the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, and Costa del Sol.
- Schroders Capital and Meliá Buy Barcelona’s Apolo Hotel for 90 Million Eurosby Richard D K Turner on July 26, 2021 at 9:57 am
Meliá exercised its right of first refusal to acquire the Apolo hotel in Barcelona, together with Schroders Capital.