- The Spanish Real Estate Market in July 2021by Richard D K Turner on August 2, 2021 at 6:00 am
July was an important month for the real estate sector in Spain, where we saw an array of transactions in the logistics, office and hotel sectors. One of the most recent saw Aedas acquire the developer Áurea Homes, while the major listed companies unveiled their returns for the first half of the year.
- Brookfield Acquires Four Selenta Hotels for €440 Millionby Richard D K Turner on August 1, 2021 at 8:36 am
The Canadian fund acquired 100% of the Selenta hotel chain management group and four of the group's five establishments.
- Freo Creates Fund to Invest €400 Million in Hotels in Spainby Richard D K Turner on July 27, 2021 at 8:31 am
Freo will invest in hotels in Barcelona and Madrid and areas such as the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, and Costa del Sol.
- Schroders Capital and Meliá Buy Barcelona’s Apolo Hotel for 90 Million Eurosby Richard D K Turner on July 26, 2021 at 9:57 am
Meliá exercised its right of first refusal to acquire the Apolo hotel in Barcelona, together with Schroders Capital.
- Spanish Hotels Report 38% Occupancy in Juneby Richard D K Turner on July 26, 2021 at 8:51 am
Twelve thousand eight hundred seventeen hotels in Spain have reopened since the start of the pandemic, 67% of the total. In June, prices in every category rose except for five-star hotels.
- Caixabank Extends the Largest Hotel Loan in Spain to RIUby Richard D K Turner on July 20, 2021 at 9:14 am
The financial institution will lend 825 million euros to RIU to buy 49% of 19 hotels owned by TIU and develop new projects.
- All Iron Buys Hotel Tryp Chamberí for Conversion into Tourist Flatsby Richard D K Turner on July 19, 2021 at 5:00 am
The socimi will pay the Palacios family 18.5 million euros for the asset in Madrid. It intends to convert the property into tourist flats.
- Next Point Buys Hotel in Mallorca for Nine Million Eurosby Richard D K Turner on July 18, 2021 at 9:52 am
Next Point financed the acquisition through a mortgage, its own resources and an equity loan.
- Villamagna’s Owner Buys Bless Hotel at Record Price of More than 1 Million per Roomby Richard D K Turner on July 16, 2021 at 3:47 pm
RLH Properties has acquired the former Velázquez hotel, now converted into a luxury five-star establishment, for 115 million euros.
- Grifols Family Buys the Hotel Hesperia Presidente in Barcelona for 125 Million Eurosby Richard D K Turner on July 12, 2021 at 5:00 am
The hotel, managed by Hesperia, has been acquired by the Grifols family for around 125 million euros.