- Footfall in Spain’s Shopping Centres Fell by 25.2% in Julyby Richard D K Turner on August 12, 2020 at 2:05 pm
The drop of 25.2% is, in reality, the smallest year-on-year drop since the beginning of the declaration of the state of alarm. Footfall had decreased by 89% in April and by 82.5% in May.
- Hammerson Sells its 50% Stake in VIA Outlets to APG for €301 Millionby Richard D K Turner on August 10, 2020 at 11:54 am
- Union Investment Acquires Two Assets in Madrid and Brusselsby Richard D K Turner on August 7, 2020 at 9:27 am
The German fund manager Union Investment has acquired the On Plaza business park in Torrejón de Ardoz and a building in Brussels through its UII EuropeanM fund.
- El Corte Inglés Pushes Ahead with its Plan to Close 25 Establishmentsby Carmel Drake on August 5, 2020 at 8:11 am
According to the plan agreed by the Board of Directors, the Group will undertake a corporate restructuring this year, which will entail the closure, sale or transformation of 25 stores in an approach inherited from Dimas Gimeno.
- The Family Office Capfield Makes its First Purchase in Spain with La Vega Shopping Centreby Carmel Drake on August 4, 2020 at 8:30 am
The French investment fund Heracles Investissement has sold the shopping centre, which is located in the Madrilenian town of Alcobendas.
- Nuveen Acquires a Commercial Premise in Canalejas for €30 Million to House a Branch of Santanderby Carmel Drake on July 31, 2020 at 12:51 pm
The investment manager has purchased one of the commercial premises in the emblematic Canalejas Complex for around 30 million euros to house a Banco Santander branch.
- Barcelona Approves the Change of Use for the ‘El Corte Inglés’ Building on Plaza Francesc Maciàby Carmel Drake on July 31, 2020 at 12:03 pm
The municipal government has approved the change of use to "office" for all of the property's floors, with the exception of four that may still be used for commercial purposes.
- Torre Outlet and Open Sky Will Open This Autumn After Postponing Their Inaugurations Due to Covid-19by Carmel Drake on July 31, 2020 at 10:22 am
The coronavirus crisis has delayed the opening of La Torre Outlet shopping centre in Zaragoza until 22 October. Meanwhile, Open Sky will be ready between October and December.
- Inditex Closes its Airport Stores in Madrid and Barcelonaby Carmel Drake on July 31, 2020 at 9:48 am
The textile group has notified the airport manager of its decision to shut down the six Zara, Massimo Dutti and Uterqüe stores that it has in El Prat and Madrid-Barajas airports.
- Oriol Barrachina (C&W): “More than Fear, There is an Inability to Agree Prices for Operations”by Carmel Drake on July 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
The CEO of the consulting firm Cushman & Wakefield Spain foresees limited adjustments in the office market, focused on certain products, and a reorganization of portfolios.