- Germans Still Look Fondly Towards Spain’s Islandsby Richard D K Turner on August 12, 2020 at 2:40 pm
Almost 112,000 Germans see Spain, and the islands in particular, as their favourite destination for holidays and having a second home. Of those, 25,700 have chosen to live in the Canary Islands.
- The Catalan TC Advises that the Rental Law Infringes Upon the Stateby Richard D K Turner on August 12, 2020 at 2:23 pm
The Consell de Garanties Estatutàries (CGE), along with the Constitutional Court in regional matters, has advised that the rule under consideration by Parliament to freeze any increase in rents, would infringe up the powers of the State.
- Footfall in Spain’s Shopping Centres Fell by 25.2% in Julyby Richard D K Turner on August 12, 2020 at 2:05 pm
The drop of 25.2% is, in reality, the smallest year-on-year drop since the beginning of the declaration of the state of alarm. Footfall had decreased by 89% in April and by 82.5% in May.
- Major Real Estate Firms Post Their Worst Semester Since Stock Market Debutsby Richard D K Turner on August 11, 2020 at 12:18 pm
In the first half of the year, the companies Metrovacesa, Lar España, Colonial and Aedas Homes recorded total joint losses of 134.7 million euros due to the devaluation of their assets.
- Housing Rents Rise by 2.74% Y-o-Y in July, but Fall by 1.52% Since Juneby Richard D K Turner on August 11, 2020 at 11:56 am
In July 2020, rental housing in Spain had an average cost of 975 euros/month, a fall of 1.52% m-o-m, according to the website pisos.com.
- Caixabank o Finance Construction of an Office Building for Cain and Freo in Barcelona’s 22@by Richard D K Turner on August 11, 2020 at 11:31 am
Cain International and the Freo Group have received a €23-million line of credit from Caixabank to build a 15,000 m2-office building in Barcelona’s 22@ technology district.
- The Price of Luxury Homes Falls by 0.9% in Madridby Richard D K Turner on August 11, 2020 at 11:05 am
Although the price of prime, or luxury, residential assets posted an average year-on-year increase of 0.9% worldwide, that is the lowest rate since the fourth quarter of 2009, during the height of the global financial crisis, according to a study by Knight Frank.
- Home Sales Fell by a Third in Juneby Richard D K Turner on August 11, 2020 at 10:02 am
Home sales decreased by 33.4% in June compared to the same month in 2019 to just over 26,000 transactions, according to data from the Spanish Association of Registrars.
- Madrid Begins Expropriation of Land for the Madrid Nuevo Norte Junctionby Richard D K Turner on August 11, 2020 at 9:30 am
The Madrid City Council has initiated the necessary procedures to expropriate the land for works on the Nudo Norte, the prelude to Madrid Nuevo Norte.
- The CNMV Issues Alert Concerning Countries’ Restrictions on Spanish Tourismby Richard D K Turner on August 10, 2020 at 1:23 pm
The market regulator has issued a warning concerning potential adverse consequences that the new restrictions imposed by some countries on tourists travelling to Spain may cause.