- Brainsre.news: What Happened in May 2020?by Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 7:31 pm
During the month of May, we started to see the real impact of the coronavirus on the economy and the productive fabric of Spain. In addition, the Government launched its plan to exit lockdown in a number of phases, by autonomous region. Falls in house sales, mortgages, hotel occupancies, retail sales and the return to building sites characterized the month.
- Euribor Continues its Ascent in May and Revives Fixed-Rate Mortgagesby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 1:05 pm
In May, Euribor continued its gradual ascent that began in February, when the coronavirus drums first started to sound. It was set to close the month at -0.081%, which could encourage the growth of fixed-rate mortgages.
- Sareb and the Servicers Launch Campaigns with Significant Discounts to Sell their Propertiesby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 11:01 am
The Company has revised down the price of one third of its ready-for-sale property portfolio, which is worth around €700 million, with discounts of around 15% on average.
- Colonial Issues €500 Million in Debt through SFLby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 10:30 am
The French subsidiary SFL has completed a debt issue operation amounting to €500 million, structured over 7 years and with a maturity date on 5 June 2027.
- Quabit Cuts the Price of its Homes to Encourage Salesby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 10:16 am
The property developer has launched a commercial campaign to boost sales whereby it is offering a discount of €4,250 to anyone who buys one of its homes during the month of June.
- The Community of Madrid puts 1 million m2 of Land Up For Saleby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 10:02 am
The regional Government is going to put up for public tender 193 buildable plots with a combined surface area of almost 1 million square metres and a market value of around €256 million.
- EDM Backs Colonial as it Forecasts a ‘Limited Impact’ from Covid on its Assetsby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 9:47 am
- San Martín de Valdeiglesias Says that a Plan like the Reuben’s for the San Juan Reservoir has Already Been Rejectedby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 9:07 am
The PP mayor has denied the possibility that a real estate project by the Reuben brothers will go ahead in the vicinity of the San Juan Reservoir after the Community of Madrid rejected a similar plan by the PSOE.
- New Home Permits Fell by 36.6% in Marchby Carmel Drake on June 1, 2020 at 8:39 am
Requests for permits to build new homes fell to 5,956 in March - when the health crisis first started - down by 36.6%. The first quarter of the year closed down 15%.
- Témpore Looks to Enter the Build to Rent Business in Medium-Sized Citiesby Carmel Drake on May 29, 2020 at 6:11 pm
The firm plans to target cities such as Zaragoza, Vigo and Bilbao, where it is already studying operations aimed at increasing its rental portfolio, according to its CEO.