- The Real Estate Impact of the Creation of Spain’s New Largest Bank: Caixabank-Bankiaby Carmel Drake on September 21, 2020 at 9:58 am
Gonzalo Gortázar will be the CEO of the new entity and José Ignacio Goirigolzarri will be the Executive President.
- The EIB and EIF Securitise a Portfolio of ‘Green’ Loans from Sabadell for €576 Millionby Carmel Drake on September 16, 2020 at 8:31 am
White & Case has advised the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the European Investment Fund (EIF) on the securitisation of a portfolio of loans originated by Banco Sabadell.
- The New Caixabank-Bankia Will Have to Sell Off Doubtful Loans Worth €3.8 Billionby Carmel Drake on September 14, 2020 at 10:39 am
The new banking group, whose combined doubtful loan portfolio will amount to more than 18.5 billion euros in total, will have to get rid of 20% of its assets, which will mean divesting 3.8 billion euros.
- Mortgage Debt Will Grow by Up To 40% in Spainby Carmel Drake on September 7, 2020 at 9:07 am
As a result of the pandemic, the debt market is expected to skyrocket by up to 40%, which would see it grow from the current volume of 84.4 billion euros to between 120 and 150 billion euros, according to LEM Loan eMarket.
- Major Investment Funds Slow Down Their Investments in Spain, Halting Ongoing Transactionsby Richard D K Turner on August 25, 2020 at 10:12 am
International investment firms such as Fortress, Bain Capital and Bayview are opting to look for potential investments in southern European markets outside of Spain, putting operations such as the sale of NPL's in Santander and Sabadell on hold.
- Non-Performing Loans Could Top €200 Billion by 2020by Richard D K Turner on August 6, 2020 at 5:55 pm
The NPL ratio could potentially rise to approximately 15% by the end of the year, leading to a total stock of NPLs (Non Performing Loans) of around €200 billion, similar to that of 2008.
- Blackstone Goes All Out in Spain After Investing More than €24 Billionby Carmel Drake on August 5, 2020 at 8:52 am
The US fund has been expanding its investments in the real estate sector and anticipating new market niches, such as debt portfolios, and the logistics and residential rental segments.
- The Banks Get Ready for a Rebound in Defaulted Payments with Reserves Amounting to €11 Billionby Carmel Drake on August 4, 2020 at 9:56 am
Spain's six largest banks recognised provisions amounting to nearly 11 billion euros during the first half of 2020 to cover the increase in defaulted payments with liquidity lines from the ICO and mortgage moratoriums.
- The Bank of Spain Warns That the Crisis Will Have a Negative Impact on Credit Portfoliosby Carmel Drake on August 4, 2020 at 9:02 am
According to the Bank of Spain, the crisis will have a negative impact on the quality of the banks' credit portfolios, the magnitude of which will depend on its duration and severity.
- Blackstone to Manage a Portfolio of 2,000 Homes from Bankia Through Anticipaby Carmel Drake on August 4, 2020 at 8:39 am
Blackstone manages the mortgages and doubtful loans that it acquires from Spanish banks through Anticipa, however, this is the first time that it will do so for third parties.