- Quinlan Prepares Purchases Worth €100 Millionby Carmel Drake on March 26, 2021 at 9:58 am
The new investment manager founded by the former executives of Altamira, Eduardo Quintana and Emilio Langle, is already negotiating operations worth 50 million euros, a figure that it plans to double during 2021.
- The Fund Oaktree Divests its Exposure in Spain with the Securitisation of Assets Worth €740 Millionby Carmel Drake on March 25, 2021 at 8:05 am
The fund Oaktree has commissioned Morgan Stanley to handle this issue, which is called Retiro Mortgage Securities and which is backed by around 10,000 real estate properties.
- Sabadell & BBVA Lead the Ranking of Toxic Portfolio Salesby Carmel Drake on March 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The two entities have divested portfolios amounting to 1.85 billion euros in total.
- The Banks Block Funds From Quasar, The Real Estate Firm Owned by Blackstone & Santanderby Carmel Drake on March 12, 2021 at 12:53 pm
The company owned by Santander and Blackstone that groups together Popular's assets has started to breach some of the ratios associated with its loans.
- Blackstone Considers Recognising Provisions Worth Millions of Euros Due to its Significant Exposure in Spainby Carmel Drake on February 22, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Banco Santander and Blackstone share concerns about Qasar, the company they created off the back of Banco Popular's €30 billion in toxic assets.
- Moody’s Warns of a Ratings Risk for Companies in the Retail, Hotel and Office Sectorsby Carmel Drake on February 12, 2021 at 10:04 am
The agency forecasts that companies in Europe will suffer an increase in arrears until 2022, with those in Spain experiencing the second-largest impact, behind Italy, with a ratio of 5%.
- Bankia Cancels the Sale of a Residential Portfolio Due to Economic Uncertaintyby Carmel Drake on February 9, 2021 at 11:11 am
The portfolio of flats for sale had been valued at 190 million euros.
- The Covid Crisis Will Cause the Defaulted Loan Balance to Soar by €80 Billionby Carmel Drake on February 4, 2021 at 12:42 pm
Investors expect that at least 50% of the loans granted to overcome the pandemic will go bad, which will raise the default rate to 7%.
- BBVA Sells a €700 Million Portfolio of Loans and Assets from Unnim to KKRby Carmel Drake on January 22, 2021 at 1:17 pm
The entity has sold a portfolio of loans and toxic real estate assets from Unnim, with a gross value of 700 million euros, to the fund KKR.
- CarVal Buys a €250 Million Portfolio of Refinanced Mortgages from Abancaby Carmel Drake on January 13, 2021 at 2:09 pm
The Galician entity has sold the North American fund a 250 million euro portfolio of mortgages affected by the crisis, in a process known as Project Eume.