- Spanish Banks Prepare for a Wave of Doubtful Debt Salesby Carmel Drake on July 9, 2020 at 8:13 am
The large Spanish financial institutions are working on the sale of toxic asset portfolios as a priority over the next two years.
- LEM Loan Launches a Real Estate Debt Investment Portal from €20,000by Carmel Drake on July 9, 2020 at 7:52 am
The debt sale and purchase marketplace has identified more than 5,000 real estate loans for sale, which can be acquired online in small tickets from as little as 2,000 euros.
- Sabadell Puts a New NPL Portfolio on the Market Worth €1 Billionby Carmel Drake on June 26, 2020 at 6:51 pm
The bank has engaged EY to find a buyer for the portfolio which contains non-performing mortgages worth between 900 and 1,000 million euros.
- Chenavari Puts its Entire Property Portfolio in Spain Up For Saleby Carmel Drake on June 17, 2020 at 8:54 am
The British investment manager is looking for a buyer for its real estate portfolio in Spain, which is valued at 700 million euros.
- Santander Plans to Invest €1 Billion in NPLsby Carmel Drake on June 11, 2020 at 8:56 am
The bank is planning to enter the market for non-performing loans as a buyer and is looking to invest €1 billion in the doubtful credit market.
- Blackstone, Cerberus and Lone Star Led the Purchase of NPL Portfoliosby Carmel Drake on June 2, 2020 at 7:14 am
The three account for more than half of the €142.4 billion in asset purchases that have taken place since 2015, according to Axis Corporate.
- Sabadell Evaluates the Sale of a Portfolio containing 1,000 Doubtful Loansby Carmel Drake on May 19, 2020 at 8:07 am
The Catalan bank is looking to sell a portfolio of problematic assets despite the market downturn and is evaluating the divestment of 1,000 delinquent SME loans.
- Alantra Closes its First Real Estate Debt Fund with €30 Millionby Carmel Drake on May 18, 2020 at 5:47 pm
Alantra has completed the first close of its fund 'Alteralia Real Estate Debt FIL' with commitments of over €30 million. It hopes to achieve its target size of more than €100 million through subsequent fundraisings by the end of the year.
- Santander Puts the Fall in the Mortgage Business in Spain at 80%by Carmel Drake on April 29, 2020 at 8:45 am
The bank chaired by Ana Botín has reported that the signing of mortgages fell by 60% in April and that 45,000 clients have taken up the mortgage moratorium.
- Moody’s Warns of an Increase in Defaulted Payments in Europeby Carmel Drake on April 24, 2020 at 11:43 am
The depreciation in house prices will put borrowers and their portfolios at risk, and so the volume of doubtful and non-performing loans may increase.