- Hotel Investment Amounts to €900 Million, Whereby Returning to its Levels of 7 Years Agoby Carmel Drake on January 27, 2021 at 9:46 am
Last year, the hotel sector recorded a total volume of investments that was comparable with 2013, down by 62% compared to 2019, according to the consultancy Christie & Co.
- Apple Leisure Negotiates the Purchase of a Hotel in Mallorcaby Carmel Drake on January 26, 2021 at 12:41 pm
Apple Leisure Group (ALG) is continuing to grow in the Spanish market whilst also looking for opportunities along the coast and in Greece.
- Overnight Hotel Stays Plummeted by 73% in 2020, According to INEby Carmel Drake on January 26, 2021 at 12:04 pm
Overall, the year ended with a total of 91.6 million hotel stays, which represented a 73.3% drop compared to 2019; meanwhile prices contracted by 6%.
- Cursach Puts its Hotels in Mallorca Up For Sale for €120 Millionby Carmel Drake on January 26, 2021 at 11:32 am
The company is planning to sell four hotels located in the municipality of Calviá containing 1,056 rooms in total. All of the properties are currently closed due to the impact of the pandemic.
- The Impact of Covid on the Real Estate Assets in Each Regionby Carmel Drake on January 25, 2021 at 2:37 pm
The Covid-19 pandemic has led the authorities to impose restrictive measures on the population that have had an impact on the real estate sector.
- The Hotel Sector Prepares to Close Sales Worth Almost €1.5 Billionby Carmel Drake on January 25, 2021 at 2:13 pm
The pipeline of hotel operations currently stands at 1.45 billion euros and the year is expected to close with total investment of more than 2 billion euros, according to Colliers.
- Green Light for the Torre del Puerto Hotel Complex in Málagaby Carmel Drake on January 22, 2021 at 11:14 am
The building work is scheduled to begin at the end of 2021 and the hotel is due to be completed in 2023. The budget amounts to 200 million euros in total.
- ActivumSG (ASG) Buys the Hotel Operator Odyssey and Plans More Hotel Purchasesby Carmel Drake on January 22, 2021 at 10:52 am
This represents the second corporate acquisition by the fund, which is managed by ASG, following its purchase of the Nobu Hotel in Barcelona in December.
- 70 Large Tourism Companies Join Forces to Demand €5.8 Billion of European Fundsby Carmel Drake on January 22, 2021 at 10:45 am
Meliá, Barceló, NH, RIU, Globalia, Azora, Exceltur and Iberdrola, amongst others, have unveiled a comprehensive project to redefine the sector.
- The US Group Sonder Makes its Debut in Spain with a Hotel in Madridby Carmel Drake on January 21, 2021 at 11:44 am
The American firm has taken over the management of a building with 22 tourist apartments in the Malasaña neighbourhood of Madrid and is looking for new opportunities in Barcelona.